The Biomolecular Simulations Laboratory at the Institut Pasteur Montevideo announces a Senior Investigator research position.
We are searching for a Postdoctoral level researcher holding a Ph.D. degree in computational Physics, Chemistry, Biology, or related disciplines.
Previous experience in Molecular Dynamics simulations of biological systems, especially using AMBER simulation suite, is required. Experience in other simulation packages (Gromacs, NAMD, etc.) or Montecarlo techniques is an asset. Programming skills are also required.
The main duties involve:
- Research, development, and maintenance of the SIRAH force field.
- Research in Computational virology. Current projects involve the dynamics of Flaviviruses, activation of SARS-CoV-2 Spike, and modeling of Circoviruses. Other projects can be agreed with the PI
- Assist the PI in the formation of human resources.
- Teaching Duties are not included.
Terms of employment
This is a two-year, full-time, fixed-term employment with tenure possibilities.
Instructions on how to apply
Applications written in English will be made through this link, including:
1. Motivation letter.
2. A short CV (two pages maximum).
3. Two reference letters.
February 11th, 2022. The position will be immediately available after finishing the selection procedure (March-April 2022).
The Institut Pasteur de Montevideo is an institution committed to promoting an organizational culture based on gender equality. The Institution adheres to Law Nº 17.817 on the fight against racism, xenophobia, and all other forms of discrimination, and Law No. 18.104 on equal rights and opportunities between men and women.