Applications are now welcome!!
Hands-on workshop with lectures, practical tutorials and plenty of time for problems-solving with X-ray diffraction data
- data processing;
- phasing and structure determination;
- model refinement and validation;
- introduction to integration of crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy data
- Alejandro Buschiazzo (Institut Pasteur de Montevideo, Uruguay)
- Eleanor Dodson (University of York, UK)
- Paul Emsley (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
- Beatriz Guimarāes (Instituto Carlos Chagas Fiocruz, Curitiba, Brazil)
- Ronan Keegan (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Eugene Krissinel (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Natalia Lisa (Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular, Rosario, Argentina)
- Joāo Muniz (Instituto de Física de São Carlos, Brazil)
- Garib Murshudov (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
- James Parkhurst (Diamond Light Source, Didcot, UK)
- Randy Read (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Silvia Russi (Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource, USA)
- Kyle Stevenson (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Marin van Heel (Lab. Nacional de Nanotecnologia CNPEM, Campinas, Brazil)
- Clemens Vonrhein (Global Phasing Ltd, Cambridge, UK)
A maximum of 25 students will be accepted
Registration fees and accommodation expenses will be covered by the organization.
Stay tuned to this page for future news (including a limited number of scholarships for Latin American students).
How to apply?
Fill out and send the Application form, together with the following documents:
- short CV (max. 3 pages)
- letter of support from your laboratory head
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: July 9th, 2020
1) Clear statements about how crystallography is important for the applicants’ ongoing scientific project (application forms, CV and supervisor’s letter);
2) Although not exclusive, priority will be given to: advanced PhD students, postdocs or young researchers; applicants working in South America; students bringing in their own diffraction data.
The full program is being defined, please take a look at previous editions to have a taste of the subjects and practical activities that we typically cover.
Stay tuned! updates with further details will be published soon.
For further informations, please contact: email@example.com
- Collaborative Computational Project Nº4 (CCP4, UK) & Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC, UK)
- Centro de Biologia Estructural del Mercosur (CeBEM)
- Integrative approaches in Structural Biology and cryo-Microscopy, MICROBES consortium, CYTED