The CeBEM-CCP4 2020 Macromolecular Crystallography workshop MX2020 has been postponed to be held in 2021, same venue (Institut Pasteur Montevideo).
This was a difficult decision for us to have to make. But in light of the magnitude of the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety of students and teachers is at stake. Also considering the numerous travel restrictions in place and uncertainty about the situation in September 2020, we felt it would be far better for us to postpone the workshop until next year.
Please stay tuned to this website, we will inform about the new dates as early as possible (most likely second semester of 2021).
Thank you all very much for your interest, and we will be seeing you next year under better circumstances. Be safe!
Applications open, new date postponed to 2021
Hands-on workshop with lectures, practical tutorials and plenty of time for problems-solving with X-ray diffraction data
- data processing;
- phasing and structure determination;
- model refinement and validation;
- introduction to integration of crystallography and cryo-electron microscopy data
- Eleanor Dodson (University of York, UK)
- Paul Emsley (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
- Beatriz Guimarāes (Instituto Carlos Chagas Fiocruz, Curitiba, Brazil)
- Rafael Junqueira Borges (Instituto de Biociências UNESP, Botucatu, Brazil)
- Ronan Keegan (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Eugene Krissinel (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Natalia Lisa (Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular, Rosario, Argentina)
- Andrey Lebedev (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Joāo Muniz (Instituto de Física de São Carlos, Brazil)
- Garib Murshudov (Laboratory of Molecular Biology MRC, Cambridge, UK)
- James Parkhurst (Diamond Light Source, Didcot, UK)
- Randy Read (University of Cambridge, UK)
- Silvia Russi (Stanford Synchrotron Radiation Lightsource, USA)
- Kyle Stevenson (STFC Rutherford Appleton Lab – CCP4, Didcot, UK)
- Marin van Heel (Lab. Nacional de Nanotecnologia CNPEM, Campinas, Brazil)
- Clemens Vonrhein (Global Phasing Ltd, Cambridge, UK)
A maximum of 25 students will be accepted
Registration fees and accommodation expenses will be covered by the organization.
Stay tuned to this page for future news (including a limited number of scholarships for Latin American students).
How to apply?
Fill out and send the Application form, together with the following documents:
- short CV (max. 3 pages)
- letter of support from your laboratory head
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: July 9th, 2020
1) Clear statements about how crystallography is important for the applicants’ ongoing scientific project (application forms, CV and supervisor’s letter);
2) Although not exclusive, priority will be given to: advanced PhD students, postdocs or young researchers; applicants working in South America; students bringing in their own diffraction data.
The full program is being defined, please take a look at previous editions to have a taste of the subjects and practical activities that we typically cover.
Stay tuned! updates with further details will be published soon.
For further informations, please contact: email@example.com
- Collaborative Computational Project Nº4 (CCP4, UK) & Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC, UK)
- Centro de Biologia Estructural del Mercosur (CeBEM)
- Integrative approaches in Structural Biology and cryo-Microscopy, MICROBES consortium, CYTED