Call for applications for joint projects and mobility between Weizmann Institute Of Science and Institut Pasteur De Montevideo
The call is open for collaborative research projects to be developed between (at least) one research laboratory or technological unit from each party (WIS and IP Montevideo). The research project should have a clear research question, objectives, short and medium-term goals, expected results and potentially culminate in joint publications. The project may not be limited to the internship or a specific training instance.
Who can apply?
The call seeks to foster training opportunities for doctoral students and postdocs in the partner institute, but researchers of higher academic rank, such as principal investigators, group leaders, associate scientists (investigador/a adjunto/a senior), and assistant research associates (investigador/a adjunto/a) are also encouraged to apply.
In the case of PhD students, they should have completed at least one year in the doctoral program.
Researchers exchange / mobility
The duration of the stay should be at least one month and up to one year.
- The host laboratory will cover all research-related expenses.
- The salary or doctoral scholarship of the traveling person will be maintained at the home institution for the duration of the stay.
- The host institute will cover lodging and health insurance during the stay.
- Airfare will be covered by the home institute.
- For researchers traveling to Israel, WIS will provide a salary supplement for students or positions with low salaries, to mitigate some of the living expenses in Israel.
Documents to be submitted in ENGLISH
- Up to two pages description of the Research Project, including a brief introduction, goals, significance, previous results (if any), and experimental plan.
- Up to one-page description of the proposed mode of collaboration, including a detailed plan for contribution from each side and the expected outcome (in case there are more than two laboratories, half a page can be added for each additional laboratory).
- Up to one-page description of the proposed schedule – including the expected travel period, the tasks to be performed during the visit, and, if available, the name or position profile of the person traveling. For travels to WIS, the exact date will be subject to the availability of accommodation. It is recommended to consider at least 6 months in advance for accommodation booking.
- Short CV of each responsible partner (If the responsible person is not a principal investigator, a one-page approval letter from the PI of the Laboratory/Technological Unit should be provided). Biosketch template is available here.
July 31st (inclusive), 2023