Organizers: Leonel Malacrida, PhD & Marcela Díaz, MSc
Course goals and target audience
The Advanced Microscopy and Biophotonics workshop is dedicated to disseminating cutting-edge technology and advanced methods in fluorescence microscopy and biophotonics.
The target audience includes postgraduate students, postdocs, core facility staff, and academics from all Americas with a background in the fundamentals of fluorescence microscopy, seeking to learn about recent advances in the combination of spectroscopy with fluorescence microscopy.
In the course, we will cover the fundamentals of advanced instrumentation and methods, such as FCS, FLIM, Hyperspectral imaging, Super-resolution, Non-linear microscopy, Deep tissue imaging, and light-sheet microscopy, among others.
The event will be held as a hybrid version, meaning 20 in-person participants, and the theoretical sessions will be virtually broadcast to audiences around the globe. The course is organized with lectures on fundamentals (40+10 min), application talks (20+5 min), practical sections (two sections 3hs/each), and discussions.
Regional participants can apply for a limited number of fellowships (five). The workshop language will be English.
This year, after the workshop (between November 28th and December 7th), the UBA will launch the «train the trainer» program as part of the CZI project «Expanding access to advanced bioimaging technology in Latin America». This program is aimed to support the adoption of tools and techniques used at the UBA for core facility staff across the region. If you are interested in participating, complete the last part of this form. There will be 6 full fellowships for core facility staff in Latin America! Technicians, imaging scientists, and core facility managers are welcome to apply.
- Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy (FCS)
- Photon counting Histogram (PCH)
- Raster Image Correlation Spectroscopy (RICS)
- Number and Brightness (N&B)
- Pair Correlation Function (pCF)
- Image Mean Square Displacement (iMSD)
- Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging (FLIM)
- Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Phasor plots (lifetime/spectral)
- Hyperspectral Imaging and Spectral Phasors
- 3D Particle Tracking (PT)
- Deep tissue imaging, DIVER microscopy
- Single plane illumination microscopy (SPIM)
- Super-resolution microscopy
- Advanced imaging processing and AI
For inscriptions,click here. Deadline: October 7th.
For further info: email@example.com