- PhD María Eugenia Francia (IP Montevideo)
- Erica Dos Santos Martins (Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais)
- Sheila Nardelli (Instituto Carlos Chagas-FIOCRUZ)
- Andrea Avila (Instituto Carlos Chagas-FIOCRUZ)
- Lilach Sheiner (University of Glasgow, Wellcome Centre for Integrative Parasitology)
This course will cover important aspects of modern research on apicomplexan parasites and will be divided in lectures given by leading experts in each field, and two distinct ex perimental modules.
The focus of lectures is broad and intends to be multidisciplinary covering relevant topics on pathogenesis and treatment of apicomplexan diseases, molecular and cellular biology of apicomplexan parasites, bioinformatics and database mining, immunology and animal models, genotyping and drug discovery/drug resistance.