The Advanced Bioimaging Unit (Joint Unit Institut Pasteur de Montevideo-Hospital de Clínicas/UdelaR) is calling for applications to fill two positions of Technical Assistant, 40 hours per week.
We are looking for graduates from computer-related careers (Computer Engineering / Systems / Physics / Mathematics, etc.), with basic knowledge of image analysis, programming, development of libraries, repositories and open access projects, as well as knowledge of microscopy (preferably fluorescence and time-resolved/spectral). MSc or PhD would be an asset, but is not a requirement.
It is considered essential:
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Python programming.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the development of libraries for spectral image analysis and results over time, documentation and maintenance of repositories.
The selected individuals will join the project “PhasorPy: Python library for phasor analysis of FLIM & spectral imaging“, funded by the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative in its Essential Open Source Software for Science (EOSS-5) programme.
They shall have the following responsibilities:
- Carry out assigned tasks in the development of code for the different image analysis routines using phasor plots on FLIM and spectral images.
- Participate in UBA trainings and courses.
- Participate in the technological development activities of the UBA.
The remuneration will be $95,759 (Uruguayan pesos) nominal.
The position is a project-based position, with a duration of 2 years.
We invite interested people to apply through this link and attach the following documents in pdf format:
a) Motivation letter (one page)
b) CV (maximum three pages)
c) Two reference letters
Deadline: 16th June, 2023.
In the event of any inconvenience that arises when completing the application form, we appreciate the sending of an email to the address: email@example.com
The Institut Pasteur de Montevideo is an institution committed to promoting an organizational culture based on gender equality. The Institution adheres to Law Nº 17.817 on the fight against racism, xenophobia, and all other forms of discrimination, and Law No. 18.104 on equal rights and opportunities between men and women.